021 439 8008
021 439 8008
PRESS RELEASE: Integrated Report offering
The principles of King III Code were included in the JSE Listings requirements in 2010 and listed companies were required to prepare an integrated report from financial years starting on or after 1 March 2010.
Today, it’s not only listed companies that prepare integrated reports reports. State-owned entities, private companies, and NGOs are also preparing these reports as best practice in terms of governance and financial reporting.
Financial reporting tells only a part of the story of any organisation. Integrated reporting aims to give a holistic view of the organisation by putting its performance, business model and strategy in the context of its material social and environmental issues. Importantly, integrated reporting includes forward-looking information to allow stakeholders to make a more informed assessment of the future value creation ability of the organisation.
The two essential concepts of integrated reporting are capitals and the value creation process.
An integrated report aims to provide insight about the resources and relationships used or affected by an organisation – these are collectively referred to as the capitals. It also seeks to explain how the organisation interacts with the external environment and its capitals to create value over the short, medium and long term.
Our Integrated Report offering
Epic MSLGROUP launched its Integrated Reporting offering in 2014.
We combine clear and succinct content, narrative and messaging with innovative design, interactive web development and integrated reporting best practice as outlined by King III.
- Started his career at Arthur Andersen specialising in banks, structured financing vehicles and cross border fraud in the UK and South East Asia.
- Former Director of Investor Relations (SA) at Old Mutual PLC from 2003 to 2011
- Former Head of Institutional Client Management and Client Director at Investec Asset Management
- Having worked in digital and new media since 1999, he has been at the forefront of developing and leading social media and digital strategies and approaches.
- Former Head of Digital and NWC Agency Former Head of Strategy at the Digital Solutions Group South Africa
- Silver Winner of Innovative Mobile App 2013 – PPC Cement
An integrated report should clearly and concisely tell the story of a company - who it is, what it does and how it creates value.
We provide all stakeholders with a clear view of the company and its future by presenting how the key elements of the business holistically tie together in an innovative and informative fashion.
How we work
The point of departure is to understand the business of the client - its vision, mission, strategy, key performance indicators and targets. We approach this section of the work from the perspective of all stakeholders and accordingly interview management to gain the required insights.
We believe that design follows content and therefore our primary initial focus is on the content, ensuring consistency in tone, flow and messaging throughout.
Key content focus areas:
Mission, Values, Strategy
- The business model
- The strategic objectives
- The opportunities and risks
- The Key Performance Indicators
- Chairman and CEO commentary
- How performance is measured and incentivised
- Corporate Social Investment
We are of the view that the design should be simple and clean. Not only does this translate into an effective canvas to tell the clients’ stories, but it also results in a much more seamless transition into the digital space.
We further believe that infographics and animated videos are excellent tools in conveying complex themes and ideas and will make use of these elements where appropriate.
The design, written content and infographics included in the integrated report are leveraged into a content rich, easy to navigate online version of the document.
This site is developed and designed with all the latest and best practice technologies and methodologies, with the aim to amplify the key messages, the brand and the central business themes, on any platform, operating system and device.
Online traffic can be driven to the dedicate IR site through the use of social media and targeted marketing and PR campaigns. Analytics on web traffic can be used to determine what “worked” and what can be improved on going forward.
Professional Provident Society of South Africa (PPS)
To write, design and digitize the PPS Integrated Report focussing on:
- Clearly and succinctly articulate PPS’ unique value proposition
- Telling PPS’ story through the use of high quality and innovative infographics
- Digitize PPS’ integrated report on a dedicated integrated reporting website enabling stakeholders to access all the information online in a simple and clean format.
- Design an 8 page foldout brochure, leveraging off the key messages and themes within the integrated report, which will serve as a marketing document.
I like the representation below and I think we should do something similar
The PPS integrated report has received more than 5 times the amount of views, in just one month since release, than it did in the entire previous financial year.
Quotes & Related Information
About Epic MSLGROUP:
With over 50 multi-skilled consultants in South Africa and partners across Africa, we have the ability to offer clients results driven strategic communications and PR solutions. Our vision is to be the most admired communications agency in Africa with a reputation for achieving meaningful business results for clients.